looking for homeschool families in southern Wisconsin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Default looking for homeschool families in southern Wisconsin

1. ted - 01-26-2011, 02:48 PM
      Hi, Looking to connect with homeschool families in or around Southern Wisconsin. I live near Lake Geneva.
    2. aandwsmom - 01-28-2011, 09:15 AM
      Welcome Ted! Hang in there, I am sure someone will respond soon! In the meantime, tell us a bit about yourself, your homeschooling,etc.
      We love to hear about new members!
      And if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to get you the answers!!
      Happy Homeschooling!
    3. missy53140 - 02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
      Hello, my name is Kelly. I am homeschooling my 11 year old son. We live in Kenosha.
    4. aandwsmom - 02-11-2011, 08:53 AM
      Hi Kelly~
      WELCOME!!!
      Again, we love to hear about new members! Tell us a bit about yourself and your homeschooling adventures!
      If you have any questions, please ask away!!!
      Happy Homeschooling!
    5. ted - 02-14-2011, 03:31 PM
      Hi Kelly, I am in the Lake Geneva area where there is little organized homeschooling. I did connect with a homeschool group close to you in New Berlin.

Hi Ted,

I'm assuming you are looking to find a group to join. If you don't mind traveling a bit then we'd love to have you join our group. hecg.robertcity.com We have 34 families in our group. We meet twice a month on a regular basis at the New Berlin Library, but we also have other events periodically throughout the month.

Our meeting on the 1st Fri is our Country Group where we study a country a month and then return to report on it. This is at the New Berlin Library 1-3pm. We are currently studying Norway for Feb.

On the 3rd Fri of the month(same library) we meet at 2 for other activities. We sometimes have guest speakers, arts and crafts, game day, science fair or whatever. We also have a youth group that meets at this same time and place(ages 13 and up) but they meet upstairs.

We also have some other activities at times, I'll let you digest this first.

Karie
    6. guzieae - 02-20-2011, 08:38 PM
      Hi Ted, I'm also looking for a group, but one that is not based on religion. I live in Milwaukee County. Looking to join or start my own.
    7. TheOlivers - 02-22-2011, 02:06 PM
      Hi Ted!!

We started homeschooling and T4L in Jan. We live in Elkhorn!! Very close! My little boy is 7 1/2 and in 2nd grade, my little girl is 2 1/2 and on the 2nd level of the T4L pre-k curric.

I have spoken to someone at the library here in town and they said it should be no problem if I get a group of homeschooling families together that we use the library as a meeting place.

My kiddos would love to have other homeschooling friends. Hard to come by when you really don't know how to reach out to your LOCAL community and find them. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you!!

Take care,
      Julie
    8. ted - 02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
      Hi julie,
      Contact me directly at [email protected] and we can brainstorm!
    9. aandwsmom - 02-23-2011, 10:34 AM
      Love to see members connecting with each other!! Come back and tell us if you guys got together to create a group for your area!
    10. TheOlivers - 02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
      I talked to our local library and they are offering to let us use their story room on Monday mornings. I've sent Ted an email directly, but if anyone else is interested.....feel free to send me a note!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

kyevs Guest

Smile homeschooling families

Hi everyone my name is Ky and i'm homeschooling my 9 year old daughter. I live in Kenosha and I am looking to connect with other families.

KyChante is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi everyone im Kychante and I live in kenosha. Im homeschooling my 9 year old daughter and im looking for families to connect with.
    KyEvs

Hello Kychante,

Welcome to the forum! If you're looking for other T4L members who live near you, you might try the Member Locator Tool to search by geographic area. Good luck!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

soapmomof4 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I live in Ripon Wisconsin and I just started homeschooling this year. If anyone is close to me I'd like to get in contact with you! Thank you.

The Member Locator Tool would probably help you find other Time4Learning families nearby. You can search by geographic area. Good Luck!!!

gaby Guest

Lightbulb new to homeschooling

Hello All,

I have 2 teens and a preteen. We live in the lake country area. Would like to join a homeschool group. Please help.

Unregistered Guest

Default homeschooling

I also live in lake Geneva, just started homeschooling my 6 year old daughter. Wondering if they're are any groups in the area.

Unregistered Guest

Default Looking for a homeschool group

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I also live in lake Geneva, just started homeschooling my 6 year old daughter. Wondering if they're are any groups in the area.
    Our family is homeschooling 4 children, soon to be 5. Looking for a Christian based group in the Lake Geneva area. Cannot seem to find one. Any suggestions?

Please email at: [email protected]

Thanks so much!!!

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschool

If this post is still open I am looking for HS groups in SE Wisconsin. Please email me [email protected]

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast