New to t4l and homeschooling
    lmccubbin is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to t4l and homeschooling

Hi, I live in Green bay and have decided I want to homeschool my 12 and 14yr old sons. Tons of questions! But for now, I've researched and read books, so I know some info, as in I need to fill out the form with the state. Once I do that however, I'm a little confused. Do I just take a copy to the kids school and then have my kids empty their lockers and take them home? sorry if its a dumb question, but I don't want to get into any trouble or anything, like to make sure before doing so. thanks for any suggestions!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello. Welcome to homeschooling and T4L.

This article on T4L should be helpful. It also has a link for a Homeschooling Guide.

Another website I recommend is the Homeschool Legal Defense Association, which is a not-for-profit advocacy organization. Here is their link for Wisconsin that has a lot of information. We are members of HSLDA, as many homeschool families are, and have found this site to be so helpful. If you go to the home page on their site, you will see a link for Homeschool Support Groups, so you can get connected with homeschoolers in your area.

As to your question, I would have my kids bring home all their personal belongings before their last day of school. Then I would contact the school and provide them with a copy of our Letter of Intent. It's should be as simple as that.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums! Feel free to ask questions anytime.

Janet
    homeschooling 3 (2 high school & 1 elementary, using T4L & T4W)