What changes will you be making this school year?
    mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Default What changes will you be making this school year?

Back to school time is like a fresh start, a clean slate to start over. We all learn from our experiences as homeschoolers, and back to school is the perfect time to make some changes. What worked well for you last year, and what would you like to change? What will you be fine-tuning with your homeschooling this year?

For me, I'm going to combine my kids' chore lists and lists of schoolwork each day. Although we primarily use T4L, we do supplement with handwriting practice and other little things here and there, and I've always made a daily list for each child with their assignments. I've decided it is much easier to combine this with each child's list of chores for the day. Simplify!

So how about you? What are you doing differently this year?
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

KyChante is offline Junior Member Newbie

Although this is my first time home schooling i've decided that I will also combine my daughters chores and lessons. I also plan on utilizing our grocery shopping time as well. We'll see how it works out.
    KyEvs

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Ooh, now this sounds interesting! Tell me how this works, utilizing your grocery shopping time.... Awesome idea!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com