Do you supplement T4L?
    journey00 is offline Member

Default Do you supplement T4L?

I work full-time from home and I homeschool my 3 children ages 13, 8, and 7. It is very hard to do it all but it is doable, I just need to be VERY organized but I'm still trying to figure out a schedule. With that said, I'm having a struggle with fitting in spelling & handwriting.

Do you supplement T4L with anything else? I would love to hear from anyone who uses it as stand-alone program with no or very little supplementing and their kids are doing fine.

Thanks

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

We have used time4learning for over five years now. The only thing we supplement with is outside activities, museum trips, historical sites, soccer, art museum. Things like that and handwriting. We use handwriting without tears. For spelling we sometimes use Spelling City, but not all the time. I think spelling will come along the way.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

journey00 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    We have used time4learning for over five years now. The only thing we supplement with is outside activities, museum trips, historical sites, soccer, art museum. Things like that and handwriting. We use handwriting without tears. For spelling we sometimes use Spelling City, but not all the time. I think spelling will come along the way.

Whew, that makes me feel so much better. We also do sports & outside activities. I am thinking about dropping the formal spelling & just do the handwriting & Religion. Thank you very much for responding.
    Last edited by journey00; 10-03-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: grammar

Blog Entries

I'm glad I could help.

brill is offline Member

Just a question that are the Public schools academics more stronger than T4L?Or if one of my kid would go for Ps option ,then should I continue his T4L along Ps?What would you suggest for future Medical doctor/Engineer/Technology?

Blog Entries

Many people do supplement their public school experience with time4learning. I wouldn't say it was stronger but it does cover different material at times.

teachforgood is offline Junior Member

We've been using T4L for a little over 6 years now and we find that we don't need to supplement it with much else. Sometimes I allow them to play educational games online for science or math (DS is now playing the How to Train your Dragon game which is fantastic cause he loves the movie but it is based on the scientific method so bonus points!). Other than that, we have field trips where we team up with other homeschoolers and visit historical sites or anything of relevance. T4L, I've found, is really good as a standalone program and I've tried many before I picked this as my number one choice!

Blog Entries

I totally agree with you Teachforgood. Learning games are great ways to supplement. My son loves Learning Games For Kids. Have you tried that. Of course his favorite game now is Minecraft.

clmsmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

I supplement with another curriculum (one that is primarily written seatwork) and field trips and extracurricular activities. I am using T4L as my primary curriculum at the moment because of the flexibility and ability to track his work but I like the idea of him putting ideas to actual paper so I stick with both..

Blog Entries

Those are some of the reasons we are still using and loving Time4Learning after 6 years.