Hello

Thread: Hello

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Hello

Is anybody out there? I'm feeling lonely. How is your new school year going? How is the job going? Anyone have anything exciting to share?
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MaryKate is offline Junior Member

Hey Kathi, I'm on here early this morning (I like my uninterrupted computer time early in the morning before I go to work) and I actually do have something to share....my family and I just returned from a Disney Fantasy cruise in October for 8 days, which was heavenly, however when we got back my homeschooled 8th grader picked right up where he left off, and my poor 5th grade son, (who was still in public school at the time) had pages, and pages of "make-up" work to do! Including tests he hadn't had instruction on because we were gone! I thought to myself, one more good reason to homeschool!!! Poor little guy... I was stressing because he was so overwhelmed with the usual day to day homework, plus getting caught up with everything else. At least I know that won't happen again the next time we go!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Poor guy. Public school kids have so much homework every day as it is. I hope they are giving him some time to catch up. Yes, one of the greatest advantages of homeschooling is the family trips that you can take during the off season who things are not so crowded. Even just going to the local museum during a school day is fun.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota