Homeschooling Dads
    five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Homeschooling Dads

How many homeschooling dads do we have out there? If you are a dad that homeschools, please reply back and let us know how you got started! I know we are just finishing up with a school year, (for those that follow a typical year) but I would still love to know and I'm sure there are other dads out there that would be grateful to have support from another dad!

Have a blessed day!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Lonewolf419 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi;
    I am a homeschooling Dad. We had a very, very bad experience with our local public system in Kindergarten and switched to a private Christian school in first grade. Our daughter was teased and bullied every day. It was bad enough that she tried to fight with us every morning in hopes of making us mad enough that we would make her stay home. We repeatedly went to the teacher, the principal, the superintendant and even the school board but never saw any positive outcome. At the end of that year my wife was offered a position at our church and we then received a church staff/pastoral discount at a local christian school and transfered there for first grade. This school was great and Lillibug excelled. Last year I lost my job in Novemeber, and then in Feb my wife was let go at church. We could no longer afford the tuition and knew we would not go back to public schools. We did some research, and decided I would homeschool Lillibug. It's been one of the best decisions our family has ever made.
    It's all good!

azarellanos is offline Junior Member Newbie

My husband primarily oversees our 9yo son while he homeschools. Actually we kind of share homeschooling. My son had a similar problem as your daughter--at a private christian school. We pulled him out just before Thanksgiving. I work almost full time(32hr) and he is working on getting a home business started after he left his last job. Our son couldn't be happier. It took a couple of weeks before our son returned to his bringht and happy self. Our second son is in kindergarten at the same school and doing great, but wants to be homeschooled next year.

It is so amazing everyday how wonderful God is. If my husband hadn't been absolutely miserable at his job he wouldn't have left. If he hadn't left, he wouldn't have been available to our son in his time of need. Which was only 2 months later..... we began homeschooling. They spend the mornings "in school" and spend the afternoon working together. My oldest son has always been a dad's boy and is in heaven.

RoseBlack is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello everyone. My DH is a stay-at-home dad and he is currently the one homeschooling our 5-yr-old. When he lost his job a year ago, and could not get employment, I had to step up and go back to working in an office environment. He is amazing with our daughter! He has more stock knowledge and is more fun (so my DD says lol). I beg to disagree there but hey... he is the one with more patience than I so I guess I am blessed.

TexasDad is offline Junior Member

Hello, my name is Vernon and I am a stay at home dad, primary caregiver and soon to be "Teacher" for my Sadie-Bear... Sadie will be 6 in May and has attended public school for the past 2 years, Pre K and Kindergarten. While she has learned a lot and the teachers are as helpful as they can be, there are far to many kids per teacher and the public school system is very biased in their teaching. So starting this summer my wife and I will be homeschooling here. I will be looking for any advice and support I can find so please feel free to give me any pointers you have.

Thanks in advance and happy homeschooling...

text "avoninfo" to 4124

JustinsDad is offline Junior Member

Default Me too,

Pretty much made up my mind to Homeschool my two. I am a semi retired stay at home Dad with the time, patience, education and desire to school my children rather than put them into the hands of people I don't know. I am a little different as a Canadian, living in the Dominican republic.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Texas Dad and Justin's Dad! So glad to have you both here. Take your time and explore all the sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Justin's Dad, I left a comment for you in the "Questions and Answers for Families Thinking of Joining" sub-forum. I included lots of really good links that you and Texas Dad might want to explore.

Best wishes to you both!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

WELCOME to all our Dads that homeschool!! We love to have you all here hope to see you all on the forums!
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

Donald Foulk is offline Junior Member Newbie

Single homeschooling Dad to a 8 and a 9 Year old here. We had repeated problems with public school in one town, then changed over to a private school with assistance from the church which hosted it. Eventually (since Im 43) we began full time RVin as Workampers/virtual call center workers/ and temp agency workes and never stay in one place more than 3 months at a time....This essentially necessitated not only homeschooling but also a HS option which helped me track progress and time spent schooling for state requirements. Kids are loving it and nothing teaches geography like traveling all over the US constantly from job to job living in an old class a motorhome!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

What an exciting way to learn? We took a trip last year by train across country. That was also a great way to learn geography. I've always thought that Roadschooling would be so much fun.

Have you heard of the Wright on Time books? It is a series about a family who Roadschools. There will eventually be a book for each state.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota