I hit my first work-from-home milestone
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Default I hit my first work-from-home milestone

Finally, after over a year, I have hit my first work-fom-home milestone: writing and editing my first novel. Sorry, that probably sounds braggy and it's not meant to be. I have never stuck with a single project nearly this long, especially with little promise of external reward. But I wrote it for my daughter, so if I can't get it published at least she may enjoy it. I have set it aside for now and will go back and do a more thourough edit once its had time to rest. I just wanted to share my excitement with my T4L buds. )
    Melissa.

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

Default Re: I hit my first work-from-home milestone

Congrats! Good for you! If you do get it published, let us know... I would LOVE to see/read it!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

From what I understand, it's tough to get first work published, especially when my esteemed resume includes stuff like college dropout and no previous publications. I can see the potential agent/ editor now:

But tonight I am going to the store to get ink for my printer (that conveniently ran out of ink today) and am printing it out for my daughter to read. So I will let you guys know if she likes it.
    Melissa.

Andrea Lamare is offline Senior Member Regular

How cool is that! I don't see your novel getting done as bragging, I see someone that should be proud of her accomplishment!
    A Lamare

Stephanie739 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Lamare
    How cool is that! I don't see your novel getting done as bragging, I see someone that should be proud of her accomplishment!

No, not bragging! Congratulations!
    ~Stephanie

mom to:
    Tori (13)
    Meghan (9)
    Andy (5)

witchly is offline Senior Member Guru

Brag away - that is awesome! I'm so impressed that anyone can sit down and write a novel! I would love to be a writer, such a intellectual profession! I don't see that in the cards for me though LOL.

You should really be proud of yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by SahmIam
    Finally, after over a year, I have hit my first work-fom-home milestone: writing and editing my first novel. Sorry, that probably sounds braggy and it's not meant to be. I have never stuck with a single project nearly this long, especially with little promise of external reward. But I wrote it for my daughter, so if I can't get it published at least she may enjoy it. I have set it aside for now and will go back and do a more thourough edit once its had time to rest. I just wanted to share my excitement with my T4L buds. )
    Robyn
    Secular homeschooler of 1 son (14)
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/RobynsOnlineWorld.1.gif

ldsaylor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    From what I understand, it's tough to get first work published, especially when my esteemed resume includes stuff like college dropout and no previous publications. I can see the potential agent/ editor now...
    Stop! Don't tell yourself that, don't even think it.

I know, I know. Just about every published author out there goes on and on about how hard it was to get their first story or novel published; how they received a bazillion rejection slips before their first acceptance letter. Well I say, "Humbug!"

I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thinking but my sister had to give me a kick in the rear recently when she heard me regurgitating that same kind of negative self-talk. You know what she told me? That yeah, it might've been hard for them, it might be tough to get published, but maybe, just maybe, you won't have that problem. Maybe your novel is awesome and you'll be one of those we don't hear about that often who gets published after their first query. It happened about two weeks ago to a college student here in Ohio.

So start telling yourself and others, "when I get published" and you'll feel your confidence grow every time you say it.

Believe in yourself and all things are possible!
    Leah

P.S. Congrats on finishing your novel! Be sure to let us know when you get published :-) By the way, what type of novel did you write?

P.P.S. I'm currently working through my latest novel using the techniques I learned from author Holly Lisle. She created a career survival course for writers, which I just finished and found extremely helpful in my career as an author.
    Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.

My blog: Unleash the Flying Monkeys!

Wayne33 is offline Junior Member Newbie

That's great! Congratulations! Keep it up and that just might be your motivation.
    Get a home typing job and start earning extra cash at home. Read more from my blog.

Wayne33 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Congratulations! That's great! Keep it up. That might just be your motivation to do more work.
    Get a home typing job and start earning extra cash at home. Read more from my blog.

adria2328 is offline Senior Member

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I would be happy to accomplish anything that lasted....but laundry always needs done again, the floor mopped, etc etc. Enjoy the fact you can pull it out again and again and it's still finished!!!!!!!
    Adria
    Mommy of 4
    Bryanna 13
    Ralphy 7
    Coleman 5
    GraceAnn 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast