What's everyone doing?
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default What's everyone doing?

There hasn't been any activity on this forum for a while so I thought I would try to start a bit of convo. What's everyone doing? I do some online work that only takes a few minutes each day. I also do many many crafts. I have a store on Etsy.com and I sell at local craft fairs. I make candles, snack bags, and a limited amount of hemp jewelry. I do my online work in the morning while my son is waking up. He doesn't like to jump right in to doing school work. I work on my crafts in the afternoon while he is playing. I can do jewelry in the evening while watching tv or just relaxing. Craft fairs are usually on the weekends when Dad is around to take care of our son.

So that's a bit about me. What do yo guys do? How do you schedule around your child's school needs? DO you have any issues that you find to be particularly challenging?
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

pooh is offline Junior Member Newbie

For me I do work from home and it depends how many days and hours I work. What I have done is have their activity schedule for the week and write on the dry eraser board their assignment for the day. Normally if I have to help them while I'm working I do in between calls or they just wait until I'm done. But T4L has made it easy enough that they don't ask many questions because the lessons are great at explaining it. I'm so glad we found this program because without it, I don't think I will be able to homeschool my 2 kids and work at home. Thank You T4L.

Blog Entries

Yes if your childdren will work independently, then is a real time saver. Unfortunately, my son will not work unless I am sitting with him every single minute.

tracyhomeschool2011 is offline Junior Member

My husband & I own a business, he's out on jobs most days & it's up to me to do all the office work I have a 10 yr old son that I homeschool & a 7 yr old son that is currently in public school (thinking of pulling him out too). We have been doing homeschool since last Jan. & just started T4L the end of Aug. So far so good! I plan out my son's schedule nightly just incase he doesn't catch on to something then I can take that into consideration for the next day's work. He usually works pretty good by himself while I am trying to do business work or get caught up on housework. If anyone has any suggestions on groups or classes in the north texas area I would love to hear about them. We are not involved in anything so sometimes we really get on each others nerves after being around each other 24/7 I completely agree that without T4L it would be very difficult to keep up with everything!
    Candi

Blog Entries

Hi Candi, Welcome to the forum. Have you checked out the Texas Parent Forum yet? If you look at the top of the page you will see a drop down menu that says State Forums. Just open that and then click on Texas. That is a great way to meet others in your area. I also have a ten year old son. But he does not work independently. Even if I don't open my mouth, I still have to sitting beside him or he will not focus on his work. Even with me there he is often up and bouncing off the walls. But we get through eventually. I'm glad you guys are loving this program as much as we are. We have used it for over five years now.

tracyhomeschool2011 is offline Junior Member

Thank You Kathi
    I have checked out the Texas forum in the last week & so far no such luck but I will continually check back in.
    My 10 yr old tried to do the same thing when we first started out but I was able to persuade him to work pretty much on his own. I have a lot of stuff that I need to take care of & can't spend all day by his side but he also knows he can ask me questions if he is stuck on something or doesn't get something. Believe me this is still an ongoing battle, some days he does really well, other days I get nothing done lol but that's ok, after all that's what we are here for

Blog Entries

Since my son has always been homeschooled he just got in to this habit from when he did need me by his side all the time. Now he is not willing to let go of that. I try to get everything that I need to do done in the morning then we work on school work after that. Sometimes we have been known to do school work between ten and twelve at night.