Needing help with curriculum
    WyoMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Needing help with curriculum

When the state asks for a curriculum, what all does that entail? Do I need to give day by day details, general studies, or just a list of ideas and books I plan on teaching from?

The law is vague and I don't want to mess this up.
    My son (13) will start his home schooling this Novemeber and I need to get the letter to the school board ASAP.

Please advise.

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hello WyoMom,

You will need to do some research on this, because we cannot advise on legal issues. A good place to start is the Wyoming page, which has some links to other sites you may find useful, tips, and experiences of other moms. If you are using T4L as your primary curriculum, you can list it along with any materials you may be supplementing with. You may also wish to consult HSLDA, which is Home School Legal Defense Association, if you have specific questions about state laws. Joining some local support groups for homeschoolers would help you connect with other moms in your area who have filed the paperwork with their school districts and can give you the skinny on how to do that. Do some googling and you'll probably find what you need. If not, by all means let us know and we'll see how we can help!

Best wishes to you, and welcome to Time4Learning!!!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

wybergmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

I copied down the lesson plan page for 6th grade from Time 4 Learning went to the school district filled out the basic information of our name, address . . . and stapled this to the curriculum description page and wrote see attached across the page. They said that was what they needed! We are really just starting with this process ourselves my son has just turned 12 and this is alot of trial and error for us! Good luck and best wishes to you!!

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Yea! I'm so glad everything worked out for you, and thanks for letting us know!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com